[plug] RE: windows

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Fri Jan 15 10:11:19 WST 1999

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Rob Hall wrote:

> good, I can easily modify it - but is a pain to use.), software from the
> likes of Commonwealth bank which only runs on windoze  etc.
>
> I suppose if I even get them running on a mixed environment it will be
> better than nothing.

Have you played with WINE at all?
Try different releases, not just the latest one, as invariably as they get
one thing working they break another, but I do seem to remember someone
saying on the UCClist (Luyer?) that they got the CommBank program working
under one version of WINE.

It may be easier to convince your clients to accept Linux if at least they
can still run some of their windows programs under Linux.
(most importantly FreeCell :P)

 - Matt