[plug] Starting in Linux

Gary Allpike spice at spice.net.au
Fri Jan 15 12:37:38 WST 1999

I'd like to know whether all these people that say "RedHat is easier to
install than Debian" have actually done a debian install in recent times.

I really get sick of people spouting all over the place that "RedHat is
better for newbies" but never providing any objective evidence as to why.

I did a bit of a test last night - I got my friend - who is a windows
user, and understands the fundamentals of setting up windows on a PC - to
do a Debian install all by himself - I am happy to report that he was
successful.

People also seem prone to saying "dselect is hard to use" my question to
these people is "Have you ever bothered to read the instructions??"

This is by no means an attempt to bash redhat, I am just sick of people
repeating parrot fashion what they have read without actually having any
knowledge based on fact.

regards

Gary Allpike