[plug] Starting in Linux

David Buddrige david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Fri Jan 15 13:37:25 WST 1999

Here we go, Here we go,  Here we go... the flamewar begins ***grabs
rifle and Redhat Cd and leaps into fox-hole***

<RANT>

Ok, I've never used Debian (I did get Debian 2 Cd's but never got round
to trying them).

For newbies, I like the package put together by APC - "Linux
Pocketbook", which comes with Redhat 5.2, and a very good introductory
manual that explains things well for Newbies - _and_ only costs $14.95 -
which is excellent value for what u r getting IMO.

Don't know how it compares to Debian tho... since I've no experience
with it... In the end it comes down to preference - I normally suggest
Redhat 5.2 cause I _know_ it is easier to use...

Maybe latest debian is easy too?  IMO it's a matter of
opinion/preference
</RANT>

cheers all ;-)

Dave