[plug] CONFERENCE: Second Call For Talks, Papers and Tutorials: CALU 1999

Paul Rusty Russell Paul.Russell at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Jan 18 16:51:18 WST 1999

This is the second call for submissions for the inaugural Conference
of Australian Linux Users, in July 9/10/11, Melbourne Australia.

[ Paging Jon `maddog' Hall: please contact me re: securing your
  services as keynote speaker.  Thanks. ]

WHO SHOULD SUBMIT

We want submissions from people who have something interesting to say
on a Linux-related topic.  Maybe you've had experiences with Linux in
an unusual environment, maybe you've developed something for Linux,
maybe you're a guru in some Linux-related area.  Maybe you have an
angle we haven't thought of yet...

The standard has been set by the speakers already confirmed, such as
David S. Miller (Cobalt, Linux hacker), Miguel de Icaza (GNOME project
lead and Linux hacker), and Andrew Tridgell (SAMBA project).  If
you're interested in rubbing shoulders with some of the movers and
shakers of the Linux world, at THE Australian Linux Event of 1999,
this is the place to be.

We have half-day (3.5 hour) tutorial slots, and 50-minute paper/talk
slots.  We'll be providing return airfare and accomodation for
speakers.

REQUIREMENTS FOR AUTHORS

Authors should submit a proposal of 300 to 1000 words.  We are looking
for tutorials, talks and papers that are on Linux-related topics.
Proposals should be submitted to `calu-proposal at linux.org.au'; ASCII,
PostScript, LaTeX or HTML.

Abstract submissions are due to the Chair no later than 31 January,
1999.  Of course, better late than never.

In addition to the Abstract, each submission should include:

      Name, affiliation, and complete address for each author.

      What travel arrangements, and whether accommodation will be
      required.

      A list of topic keywords.

      Intended audience.

      Whether you want to do a tutorial or a paper/talk (or either/both).

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE CHAIR

calu99 at linux.org.au

DATE AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION

 January 31, 1999
        Proposals due.

 February 15, 1999
	Speakers finalized.

 March 31, 1999
	Final papers due.

 July 9 - 11, 1999
        Conference.

See http://www.linux.org.au/projects/calu for more details.

Paul Russell,
On behalf of the Linux Australia Conference Committee.
--
 .sig lost in the mail.