[plug] World-wide Network

Michael Hunt Michael.J.Hunt at usa.net
Fri Jan 22 10:49:44 WST 1999

I once heard on the net grapevine (I think it was at CNET) that someone was
developing a world-wide internet backbone (I think it was Global and Sprint
or some other big name telcos). Apparently the backbone was to touch in
Australia at Perth, Melbourne and Sydney with the Perth link going up the
Western Australia coast to Indonesia and the east cost link going to New
Zealand or something. Does anyone have any info on this or heard of anymore
news about it. I'm trying to search through my archives of useful
information and doing some net searches, but I can't even remember all the
details about it (It was over a year ago that it was announced). Any help
would be appreciated as my boss is looking for some information.

Michael Hunt