[plug] did anyone manage to record the channel 10 linux article?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sun Jan 24 08:50:05 WST 1999

Dale Baker wrote:
> >However, for my money, it also offers something which Redhat didn't: the
> >option *not* to and to specify at a very early stage exactly which
> >packages you want, without having to put up with someone else's choices.

> Redhat lets you decide what packages you want installed during
> installation, you must have been look at a very old version I'd say.

Have you tries switching practically everything off? A minimalist RH
install is about sixty meg, and includes GhostScript even if you don't
install printer or X stuff.

--
"UNIX is like a Vorlon.  It is incredibly powerful, gives terse,
 cryptic answers and has alot of things going on in the background."