[plug] New Years' Resolutions

Bob Ogden bob at contact.omen.com.au
Mon Jan 25 12:31:19 WST 1999

In <36AA6DDF.D2A1A25A at brooks.smileys.net>, on 24/Jan/99
   at 12:48 AM,(+0000 GMT)
Leon Brooks <leon at brooks.smileys.net> said:

> IBM would be a
> nice venue, but how do we interest them? Sure, they're planning on
> supporting Linux directly, but will they count *UG's as fellow
> travellers or (brainless move) competitors - or as undignified
> embarrassments, to be generally avoided?

Having dealt with IBM when there was an OS/2 UG in Perth I'd say
"undignified embarrassments, to be generally avoided" and that was with a
high proportion of suits from big corp's in the group :(.

IBM seem to have a severe lack of clue when it comes to relating to people
with less than gigabuck$ to splash around on IT. --
/-- Bob Ogden  bob at contact.omen.com.au --------------/

Does your system break in 340 days?