[plug] Getting sound to work

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Wed Jan 27 00:22:09 WST 1999

You can run sndconfig (RH)  to make sure it's configured and running.  What sound app are you using?

Also, (embarrassed grin) be sure and check the volume on the device.

>>> Rick <rick at vianet.net.au> 01/25 7:42 PM >>>
Hi, I'm in need of some help

(This is in X)

1. When I log in as root and try to play an audio CD, it spins and seems to
do all that it is supposed to do, but, no sound comes out of the speaker??
Something has changed, as it used to play ok in root.

2. When I log in as a user, and try to play an audio CD, the software
loads, but it doesn't actualy do anything.

What do I need to change??

I guess there is some sort of configuration I need to change, but can't
work out what.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rick at vianet.net.au
Home Page - http://www.vianet.net.au/~rick/index.htm
Packet    - VK6EP at VK6ANC.#PER.#WA.AUS.OC

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rick at vianet.net.au