[plug] Kernel 2.2.0 released!

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Jan 28 09:30:08 WST 1999

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Peter Caffin wrote:

> Well, it's been released in the last couple of days.
>
> ftp://ftp.au.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2/
>
> No patches from 2.0.36 to 2.2.0, just one 12M download (eek!).

I would recommend waiting a few patchlevels before putting it on any
machine you feel is "important" though :)

See for example the bug someone's just discovered that allows any local
user to reboot your system by running ldd on a corefile.
(which there is a fix for, which I'm certain will be in 2.2.1)

 - Matt