[plug] RedHat 5.2 question(s)

Chris Griffin chrisg at doladns.dola.wa.gov.au
Thu Jan 28 10:09:09 WST 1999

OK, I give in. I have been trying to solve this myself and am failing.

I am trying to install RedHat 5.2 onto a system with no cdrom drive. The manual
says I should be able to do this a number of ways.

smb:    I have tried this by sharing it out from my Win98
        system and doing the smb install, it keeps saying
        it cannot find the "server".
ftp:    I set up an ftp server and an account for it to
        use and tried an ftp install. No error message, it
        just keeps throwing me back to the ftp setup screen.
nfs:    Not yet tried.

Am I missing something here?
Does it expect to do some sort of dns lookup?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chris Griffin

ps. Anyone got a RH 5.2 for Sparc bootable cd?

                              \\\___///
                               (  @ @  )
| Chris Griffin, Senior Network Support Engineer        |
| Email: chris at mitswa.com.au                            |
| Managed Information Technology Solutions (M.I.T.S)    |
| 1st Floor, Batholomew House, 31 Ventnor Avenue,       |
| West Perth W.A. 6005                                  |
| PH: +61 (08) 9481-4066  FAX: +61 (08) 9481-4064       |