[plug] Linux/NT benchmark wars on about to start again?

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Jul 1 11:40:50 WST 1999

Kenworthy Family wrote:

> see this http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,1015266,00.html

See this?
  http://www.heise.de/ct/english/99/13/186-1/

An alternate test that looks at different configurations: Single and
Multi-processor, as well as single and multi- network adapters.

Seems like Linux beats NT for single network adapter, but has problems with
multiples, which I'm guessing supports the single-threaded IP stack problem in
the Linux Kernel??

All in all I think it's good; illustrates Linux's shortcomings, so developers
know which areas to work on for better performance.

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :