[plug] netscape fonts too small on linux

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Jul 1 14:04:50 WST 1999

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999, Matt Kemner wrote:

> It might be worth your while going through /usr/local/netscape?Netscape.ad
> Particularly "*documentFonts.sizeIncrement" looks interesting.

Ahhhh the app-defaults! I thought there might be X-resources, but forgot
about that. Thankyou Matt, this looks like the solution.

But it also says
"! In short, app-defaults files are bad.  Don't use them."

So I'll add this line to my .Xdefaults and reload:
Netscape*documentFonts.sizeIncrement:   10

restart netscape... www.redhat.com/knowledgebase ...
nope, still too small. (Look fine on Win32 netscape.)
Changing font size in pref's has no effect.
Try "allow scaling"... Bang! Crash! Restart, try again, no crash.

Does anyone get it correctly? If so, I'll re-install.
Which version is best? (I use the newsreader.)

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies,
	 Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."