[plug] netscape fonts too small on linux

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 1 14:13:47 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get correct font sizes from Netscape, for
> pages that dont use the default size?
>   I'm using 4.51 now, but have had the same problem in other versions -
> when the font is set in a web page, it comes out too small under Linux.
>
> e.g. RedHat pages set
>  <FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetia,Sans-Serif" SIZE="2">
>
> which looks quite small under Linux, but OK under windoze NS or ms-ie.
> I tried setting the X-server to 100dpi, but no change.
>
> On the 'view' menu, 'increase font' and 'decrease font' are disabled.
> Is all this the same for everybody?
>
> Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
>                           --==--
>         "Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies,
>          Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."

I have noticed this problem also, and having lousy eyesight these days
wonderded if there is a "fix" I am downloading Netscape  4.6 right no (I
hope!) in the pius hope that thiat may do the trick. I will get back to you
if it works, but woukd appreciate it, if you get there first, to let me
know

Len Bird