[plug] Debian - Package tool Q.

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Sat Jul 3 20:37:58 WST 1999

I use dselect less and less, and stick to dpkg and apt-get now. However,
I'm still resorting to dselect to get info on uninstalled packages, and
comparing version numbers.

Is there any way to do this with other tools?? Basically, I'm after:
  - List/info of uninstalled but available packages
  - Comparison of version numbers between installed and available

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :