[plug] re; needs some help

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at wantree.com.au
Sat Jul 10 08:36:31 WST 1999

Okay, I've been assigned to setup a Linux box with the following requirements:
1) dial up to iinet (permanent link)
2) firewall protection
3) virus scanning on all incoming e-mails
4) e-mail to a) GroupWise server and b) 2 Exchange Server sites
5) web surfing for a site.

What I need to know is who is really good at setting up these requirements at what cost and time.  The specs for the system is:
AMD 400MHz
128M SDRAM
8M S3 Savage
4.3G HDD
EpoX M/B
40x CDROM

Part of this assignment is the contractor must be able to teach 1 person how to maintain the box and troubleshoot some of the usual problems, such as what to look for when the connection is down, how to detect if there is any problems with the Linux server.

I'm looking at all resumes/CV's.  They can be e-mailed to me at jlmiller at wantree.com.au

I need to know what virus protection application is highly recommended for Linux.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE ASE
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
Ph:+61.8.9402.0639