[plug] Application packages and Gnome

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 15 20:51:02 WST 1999

Hi all:

Can anyone advise me how to get applications to start from the
Gnome/Enlightenment Xwindow. I am using RedHat 6.0 and have succesfully
installed Netscape 4.6 Word Perfect 8.0 and Star Office 5.1 all of which
function when started up from the command line. Despite perusing the
Gnome Help files, I have not managed to find any reference to linking
these packages to the Gnome /Enlightenment Panel.  or the Gnome Start
menu. There is no lack of information on how to expand the the Panel(s)
but not a clue as to how to iconise the progies. Any help would be much
appreciated,

Len Bird.