[plug] RH 6 upgrade kills X

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sun Jul 18 23:19:34 WST 1999

> I think I've got to the root cause of the problem :(. When I tried to boot
> this evening I was presented with a slew of disk errors from fsck so
> unfortunately it looks like its been a symptom of the HDD going bad on me.
> I may be forced to give it a re programming it'll never forget.

Attach it to that 386 I saw at your place.

> > Bye the way, you were rather keen on OS/2 at one stage as I remember,
> > perhaps you have given up on it. One of its limitations of course was in
> > application software. The last version of Netscape for OS/2 I know of
> > was 2.02 I think which was much like M$ Netscape ver 3. Did Netscape
> > ever upgrade this and how can I get a copy of same,
>
> Still doing the OS/2 thing ( as you can probably tell form the headers of
> this email). The latest NS for OS/2 is 4.6 which you can get from
> http://www.software.ibm.com/os/warp/netscape/

When you have RHL sorted out (the UI with Gnome hasn't caught up with OS/2
yet, but it's getting closer, pity it uses Netscape 4.6 for a help
browser), have a look at exmh and nmh. I've not seen MR/ICE, but it's
miles ahead of anything I HAVE seen on OS/2.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield