[plug] Linux alternatives to Lotus Notes / Microsoft Exchange

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 23 14:43:45 WST 1999

Paul Baumgarten wrote:

> I am curious to know of any Linux alternatives to packages such as Lotus
> Notes/Domino or Microsoft Outlook/Exchange that can manage mail / schedules
> / contacts / meetings and possibly a document search and retrieval system...
> in other words, basically a M.I.S. (Management Information Systems).
>
> While the servers will be Linux, the client will be Win9x.
>
> If anyone knows of any suitable packages (along with relevant URLs) I would
> appreicate it.

Have you had a look at Star Office or Applixware?

Star Office is at stardivision.com.au (and copies are available locally).

I am not sure about the URL for Applixware, but it can probably be found at the
web site for Linux applications, at http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/linapps.shtml

That URL is from the PLUG web site, at http://www.plug.linux.org.au, and it may
include the application(s) that you seek.

Bret Busby