[plug] Red Hat Linux query

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sun Jul 25 09:54:52 WST 1999

> Or front up to the Tuesday meeting and be given a Mandrake 6 CD.

red hat has just announced (my inbox this morning) updates to
enlightenment ad gnumeric.

btw I'm getting sick of gnome already: my system has frozen solid enough
times for me to begin to learn the sysrq tricks (see kernel docs) - not
that they've been useful yet. The last two times I was running Netscape
and it was the active program at the time, so it could be a Netscape
problem. However, gnome regularly loses the colour settings after a switch
to a vc and back. The screen develops an acute colour case: last time it
was dark blue, and I couldn't read the menus well enough to logoff so had
to resort to ctrl-alt-bs.

And yesr, I'm current with the latest updates for RH6 from gnome.org.

KDE looks more stable (maybe because I've used it less) but is less
complete.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield