[plug] Gigabyte Motherboard

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 25 10:11:48 WST 1999

I had much the same sort of problems on a PIII 500 with 128mb RAM on a
gigabyte main board i reblaced it with an Intel SR440BX and it worked
like a charm. I then put a PII 350 into the Gigabyte board and 256mb
ram and it worked fine.

--- Garth Atkinson <garth at cclinic.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Gary
>
> Sounds like a RAM or MBD prob.
>
> Garth
>
> Gary Allpike wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm trying to install debian slink on a machine
> with a gigabyte
> > motherboard - however it doesnt want to play - it
> will either give an
> > error decompressing the kernel and halt, or just
> keep rebooting.
> >
> > I've tried booting off floppy and CD - both
> methods fail the same way.
> >
> > The system is a PIII-450 with 512MB RAM
> >
> > The install CD and floppy work fine on another
> non-gigabyte machine
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Gary Allpike

===
Chris Cornish
linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
       __   _
   / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  . . .  t h e   c h o i c e   o f   a