[plug] re: editing

blockley at environ.wa.gov.au blockley at environ.wa.gov.au
Mon Jul 26 09:13:45 WST 1999

On 25 Jul, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Christian wrote:
>>
>> What bugs does nedit have?  I've never noticed any...
>
> Under Linux, sometimes when I press "Ctrl-S" (quick key combo to save
> file), instead of saving, it crashes. Most annoying. ^_^
>
> However, 99% of my editing I do on Solaris, and I've never had any
> problems with Nedit on there, and use it a lot. Perhaps my Linux
> problems are related to my Netscape problems...

One of my colleagues had a similar problem using Nedit linked to
lesstif on RedHat 5.2. Updating to a more recent version of Lesstif
fixed most of his problems.  There have been problems with Nedit and
Lesstif most of these have (I think) been ironed out with the latest
releases of Lesstif.  Most of the problems appear to relate to hot key
use.  I have used the static linked binary of Nedit from the Nedit site
under SUSE 5.2 as well as a dynamically linked version (not to lesstif
though)  I tend to worry a lot about losing my edits and hence use
Ctl-S frequently (its a bit of a hangover from my Windows days :-) ).

Adrian

Adrian Blockley (blockley at environ.wa.gov.au) |       Westralia Square,
Department of Environmental Protection       |       141 St George's Tce
Ph:  61 8 9222 7165			     |       Perth 6000
Fax: 61 8 9321 5184 			     |