[plug] Debain queries....

dynamix dynamix at wanet.com.au
Tue Jul 27 11:29:14 WST 1999

hi peoples...a couple of question for the Debian guru's out there.

I had to install a Ps2 mouse as I cant get my serial mouse to work.
My ports are all ok and working.
my modem is happening on ttyS1
and my mouse is on ttyS0 but it will not  work.
I ran and reran the xconfig/setup files but no help.
as soon as I plugged in my ps2 mouse and ran xconfig again ..viola a mouse.
obviously I have support built in to the kernel.

Also as far as the internet goes..I have setup my resolv.conf file and wvdial.
I can connect ok. ppp is ok BUT
I can only FTP...WWW and even PING when I type in the DNS number.
if I want to go to Debian.org  have to type in 209.81.8.242
or I get an error saying host is not found....
and I cannot send or receive mail.....
weird huh?

Finally sound.
I have a AWE64 ISA sound card.
as I was installing Debian I noticed a message about configuring sound using  /usr/sbin/gomconfig
however it doesn't exist.. I even tried various typo derivatives of 'gomconfig' ( I.e. gomcnfig,gomconfg) incase I had it wrong.
but it says command not found.
What is it that you use to set up sound..

Any idea's welcomed ...

Regrdz Desiree..