[plug] Calling all DB guru's

cthart at gbs.com.au cthart at gbs.com.au
Thu Jul 29 08:13:16 WST 1999

And to that you need to add the Oracle8 database -- so you might as
well download the latest -- 8i -- which is only a 260Mb download.

It needs a minimum of 256Mb of RAM to work properly (if you
enable the JavaVM), and if you want to run the app server on the same box
you can add another 128Mb I guess. Installed both products will take about
500Mb of disk space, without a database.

Oh, and 8i needs glibc 2.1 so you'll probably need to upgrade or re-install
your distro.

Have fun :-)

Colin

Bret Busby <bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au> on 28 07 99 21:50:04