[plug] Does anyone know where i can get source for dos2unix?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Jun 1 10:23:58 WST 1999

Leon Brooks wrote:

> I can shorten it considerably:
>
> tr -d '\r' <infile >outfile

This was always the better way - Perl is just more fun. :)

> Recursive version:
> for file in $(find .); do tr -d '\r' <$file >/tmp/trimmed; mv -f
> /tmp/trimmed $file; done

I wouldn't recommend running this as root.  Actually, I wouldn't
recommend running this at all. :)

A safer way would probably be to use find with -exec and tr (although I
haven't tried this I expect it could be done) or use my original script.

Regards,

Christian.