[plug] schoolbays

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Jun 3 09:18:52 WST 1999

> Hello John,
>
> All noted, thank you.
>
> I applied for a hotmail account as Ned Kelly and got knocked back because
> someone else had it.  I tried Ed Kelly and found 35 others in front of me
> with that name.
>
> Once we settled on a name I logged in and was prompty told that I had to
> enable cookies before they would give me access.  Those pri*ks are
> unbelievable.

There are sites that block all mail from hotmail because of the number of
twits who misuse their accounts there for such activities as spamming.

Even without cookies, the can track you: your userid/password identifies
you, and TCP/IP tells their software precisely where on the net you are.

If I were providing a free email service, I'd want to be sure I could
resolve any complaints to an individual: no way would I want millions of
letters each day complaining about all the misdeeds, criminal or
otherwise, of my users.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield