[plug] deskjets and Linux

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Thu Jun 3 13:37:42 WST 1999

My daughter the linux user's thinking of getting a new printer, one she
can call her own (she's using my BJ300 at present). I have a bjc4200 and
am somewhat happy with it: however, it does miss the odd line of dots when
printing from ghostscript. I attribute this to the fact that
ghostscript/postscript work at 300 DPI which doesn't translate well to the
360 DPI that Canon (and Epson) printers use.

It occurs to me that deskjets, which work at 300 DPI (and presumambly
multiples on recent models) may well work better.

Any experiences with them, particularly cheaper models (she is, after all,
an impoverished University student)?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield