ANZ, was Re: [plug] Star Office and 5.1 and the registration

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 4 15:42:33 WST 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Christian wrote:

> > No problems, except being slow. Nothing special to do.
> > What method do they use?  A java encryption program?
>
> Bret was telling me that they it through a page served from an
> SSL-enabled web server and also showed me some emails from the ANZ staff
> who were telling him that it as using 128 bit encryption, despite the

Well, why couldnt they add an extra layer of encryption on top, using
Java? That would explain why it is so slow.

Surely they could easily allow 128-bit SSL without Java, e.g. using
Fortify - a nice Australian crypto add-on for netscape.
I tried to install Fortify, but it doesnt spoort my netscape binary -
4.51.

Anyway, it work fine for me with a plain redHat 6.0, Netscape 4.51
(bundled in rh6). Has anyone else tried this platform?

> fact that International browsers only do 40-bit.  Can anyone suggest a
> reason for this anomaly?

> (other than the ANZ staff are clueless/lying
> which hopefully is not the case).

You just need to find the right staff. NOT the ones who answer the phone.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec