[plug] Censored

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Tue Jun 8 00:53:20 WST 1999

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Buddrige, David wrote:
> what's wrong with "Gothic" - even if you assume it to mean the sub-cultural
> group described by the term?

Bear with me, I don't quite follow this logic myself...
1. They do mean "Gothic" as a sub-culture.
2. Some Goths wear long coats.
3. You can hide a gun under a long coat.
4. (2) && (3) => A Goth can carry a gun.
5. => All Goths carry guns.
6. If a gun-carrying Goth stopped being a Goth, they would stop wearing
   long coats.
7. => They would stop carrying guns.
8. => Goths carry guns, non-Goths don't.
9. If your child reads an online article on Gothic architecture, they
   might develop an artistic interest in such buildings.
10. => They will also develop an interest in Gothic music.
11. => They will become a Goth.
12 (11) && (8) => Your child will go to K-Mart and get a nice long coat,
                  then pop next door to the gun shop.
13. => Your child will now be a Goth with a gun.
14. Goths are strange.
15. => Noone can understand Goths.
16. => Goths will be ostracised by other children at their school.
17. (11) && (16) => Your child will dislike his or her schoolmates.
18. (17) && (13) => Your child will shoot his or her schoolmates.
19. ((9)=>(18)) && (not(Schoolchildren die)) => Your child does not read
    about Gothic architecture.
20. => It is none of your business what your child reads on the Internet,
    the government will not allow your child to read about Gothic
    architecture.

There now, that made sense, didn't it?

-Greg