[plug] Windows Briefing

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Fri Jun 11 15:28:37 WST 1999

You can update your BIOS from a file you can download from the supplier's
web site.  This process does not need a jumper-enable setting on typical AT
boards, although it does on Intel BX boards and presumably some clones of
these.  I usually am very skeptical of virus claims but it definitely
happened on a board a month or so ago, unless the BIOS chanced to corrupt
itself the same day as the people loaded a virus-containing application.
The board was dead dead dead, according to our POST tester.  We got a new
board in on warranty.

K.