[plug] Windows Briefing

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 11 15:39:34 WST 1999

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Shackleton, Kevin wrote:

> Right in one corner of the Intel BX boards there's a 3-pin header that
> enables/disables EEPROM updates.  Whether it really protects all the EEPROM

Its not just the BXs. All the PCs I've worked on (thats not many) needed
a jumper to write the eeprom, or clear the bios password.
  To not have a jumper seems rather dumb.( Like an OS that lets any
process write the boot sector.) At least they fixed it under warrenty.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec