[plug] Netscape behaviour?

james stuart at nw.com.au
Sat Jun 12 16:29:11 WST 1999

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Mark Saxon wrote:
> >
> > I've been using Netscape 4.51 for a while and it  seems to be an
> > improvement on previous versions.
> > It does inexplicably exit when trying to access some sites however
> > http://www.further.com/jeremy/khylafax is an example.
>
> Does this site ALWAYS crash 4.51?? I just went to it then and it's fine
> with Netscape 4.6 (with JS and Java turned off).
>
> Linux Netscape is rather painful at times. *sigh*
> (I wish someone'd redo the interface to make a knetscape. ^_^)

i assume you have RH6.  the problem is with java not javascript.  the
solution posted was:
add the 75dpi scaled font to your path list using the command:
               chkfontpath --add /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi

i have the same problem...howver "chkfontpath" doesn't seem to be a command
so nothing happens.  does anybody else have any suggestions?