[plug] Linux dist claims

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Fri Jun 18 12:50:29 WST 1999

Whilst trying to improve my knowledge of linux I have come across sites
offering alternative distributions of linux which make claims about
improved GNUlibc2 being used and

"Compiled with Pentium GCC 1.1, to make the system 10-30% faster."

"Debugging flags removed on stable software (installing software
with                    debugging turned on is optional), increasing
system speed, and decreasing                   binary sizes."

Stampede Linux and BreoLinux make similar claims. Is it true and what
does it mean?
Are they worth trying?

Mark