[plug] Why don't my messages get through?

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Jun 18 19:34:06 WST 1999

Gary Allpike wrote:

> If someone else wants to take control of the plug list, please let me
> know.
>
> I dont have the time to maintain it.
>
> The config can easily be changed back so that spammers can send to the
> list - just dont come whining to me if it happens (yes it happens, and I
> still get the spam, as the list maintainer.  I also get all the other
> bounces in a mailbox somewhere, but as I said, I dont have time to sift
> thru them all.
>
> So, if you want the job and can demonstrate that you have the capability
> and desire to run the list, let me know.

This is not really to do with managing the list, just to do with the way
it behaves.  People have indicated that they prefer the current
behaviour, others (including myself) have indicated they don't.  A
little like the munging of the "reply-to" header field issue that was
discussed a while back.  The list discussed it and the majority ruled -
I suspect this is the same.

Anyway, if Gary feels that the list involves work that he doesn't have
available time to do then maybe someone else should manage it.  I'm
certainly not volunteering - I definitely don't have time.  If someone
else wants to help out then maybe they should contact Gary privately.

Regards,

Christian.

--
Every day it's the same thing -- variety.  I want something different.