[plug] Login Script

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 19 15:21:18 WST 1999

gb wrote:

> Please disregard my post re login script. Found one problem was that kppp was
> inserting CR and LF at end of lines.. Got rid of the LF!
> Have now built an abbreviated version of the login which seems to connect
> automatically..

Hi all,

I am a novice with Linux and although I have managed to get the O/S up and
running
I have had no success at all getting an Internet Connection. I have updated to
RedHat 6.0, and although this looks a lot more "user friendly" I get conflicting
if well intended "advice" from various parties which ends in getting me further
and deeper into the mire!
 Since Garry (gb) seems to have been through the process quite recently he may be
the best source of a useable HOWTO.  I use Iinet as S.P. but they contend the any
real solution would consitute a "consultancy job!!!!"  This is a bit rich seeing
the they run a mirror site for Linuxberg and do have an HTM under
/help/index/linux/index.html which unfortunately is very much out of date.

I would appreciate any help at all.

Regards to all.  Len Bird