Electricity problems (was Re: [plug] A Quote)

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 21 16:10:02 WST 1999

On 6/21/99, 1:09:22 PM, Mike Holland <myk at golden.wattle.id.au> wrote
regarding Re: [plug] A Quote:

<snip>
> Closer to the subject, in a recent storm, both my PCs rebooted, but
the
> VCR, clocks etc were all OK.  I think it was triggered by a lightning
> strike. Would this be caused by overload-protection in the power
supplies?

Did your lights go off, even for a short time?

That has happened here, as well, when we have been caught unawares.

Now, we just shutdown the computers, and disconnect them from the
electricity supply, whenever there is a risk of an electrical storm,
or strong winds.

So far this year, we have lost one telephone, and one keyboard, due to
the wonky electricity supply.

The only solution, appears to be a UPS (when we can afford one).

> Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
>                           --==--
>       f u cn rd ths, itn tyg h myxbl cd.

Eh, wot?

Is this one of those emails that will be caught in the Internet
Oppression Bill net, with the "f u" part?