[plug] More off topic: Book titles

Christian christian at global.net.au
Tue Jun 22 17:08:01 WST 1999

A few months ago we had a discussion on this list about those "XXX for
Dummies" [1] and "An Idiots Guide to XXX" and some people said they
found the titles somewhat demeaning whereas others just said they were
great books.  Well, I couldn't help but laugh out loud today in a
bookstore when I noticed a new title in the "An Idiots Guide to XXX"
series:

"An Idiots' Guide to Improving your Self-Esteem"

It was in the self-help section (I was passing!) so I assume it's
genuine.

Regards,

Christian.

[1] No, I don't mean porn when I say "XXX".  I thought about replacing
it with "YYY" but decided that would just be stupid.  Plus, under
censorship laws, wouldn't my use of those three letters cause this email
to be banned?

--
A wise person makes his own decisions, a weak one obeys public opinion.
							- Chinese proverb