[plug] Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:25:48 +0800

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 09:39:58 WST 1999

on Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 09:27:55AM +0800, McMaster <steryn at wantree.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had an old 486sx25 with an 80meg harddrive sitting around doing nothing,
> so i thought id try and throw linux on it. (Redhat 4.2 (i know its out of
> date, but its all i got on cd) ).
>
> Problem is when i do minimal install (ie, not install any of the packages,
> just the OS, i can't even access commands like make menuconfig or anything
> like that cause i get error messages on the make command. Any suggestions...

Do you have the "make" program? I dont know what packages you did
install but it sounds like you want to build a kernal - youll need the
development tools OR build your new kernal on another machine and then
transfer it.

BB
--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065