Fw: [plug] Hard Drives

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Sat Jun 26 15:00:21 WST 1999

bk at bofh.ns.ca wrote:

> > Is anyone sure about this? I'm going to put Linux on my slave, which I am
> > hoping to put in this weekend.. Can I set up LILO on my win HDD?

An alternative that I use, is to use loadlin and boot Linux from "DOS".
ie; my active boot partition is Windows98, which I've altered the
config.sys to have a "Linux" option (which is the default), which runs
loadlin, with the kernel I want, and with the boot options I want.

I just find it easier editing the config.sys menu, and putting boot
params in a batch file. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :