[plug] Red Hat 6 (?)

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 29 11:42:36 WST 1999

I have watched the discussions about problems encountered with the
changes to Red Hat Linux, from 5.x to 6.0.

We have 5.2 installed, and have one or two problems (we have not tried
yet to fix the sound not working, and have not yet got the DeskJet
500c working with the postscript applications), but it seems to work
okay, apart from those problems.

We have a copy of RH 6, but have not yet installed it.

With all the problems that have been raised with RH 6, is it worth the
upgrade (apart from for the guru's, who get into the systems
programming, and get their hands dirty)?

What are the benefits of the upgrade?

Bret Busby