[plug] Red Hat 6 (?)

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Wed Jun 30 08:21:59 WST 1999

I have moved successfully to RH6 without many problems. There was a
small hitch with ppp module configuration which was resolved on this
list.
I found sound support easier to configure and sound apps I was never
able to find the time or could never get running under 5.2 just worked.
Now I am no longer a complete linux idiot I compile most of my new
software from source but I managed to bring most RPM based stuff from my
5.2 system over without any hassles and there was quite a grab bag of
stuff.
As has been mentioned Glint is no longer included so if you use rpm's a
lot you will need to use the command line or Gnome rpm.
I don't use Gnome or KDE but many of their better apps run independent
of them as WM and it proved a good way of being able to trial these.
I am a desk top user only and don't run any other OS or software.  If
you are a less able linux user like myself you should find it a step
forward.

Mark