Global [plug] Warriors quadannual fragfest

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Mar 2 15:51:17 WST 1999

At the previous meeting we discussed holding our quadannual games night at
Global Warriors at the end of March.. The 21st and the 28th were likely
candidates.  Since I organised the December party, I got dobbed into
organising this one too.. :)
I have spoken with Peter from Global Warriors and he will be quite happy
to see us again, for the same price, although he says he would prefer if
we came on the 21st rather than the 28th, because his last weekends of the
month tend to get busier with his regular customers.. On the other hand,
that would mean more victims for us. :)

The cost of entry is:

$10 for Global Warriors members
$15 for non-GW members (includes membership fee)

Those that came to the last one will be GW members now.

BYO P.C. & peripherals, bring an ethernet card if you have one, bring
multiple if you have them.
If your ethernet card only has a coax connector, bring a cable.
You shouldn't need to bring terminators, but a T-piece is probably a good
idea.  If your card has a TP (rj45) connector you don't need to bring any
cable.  Bring any games you want to play.

Global Warriors is in Balcatta, which is about 12km North of Perth, and
about 4km from the nearest train stop, so you may want to organise a lift
if you can't make your own way up there.

I won't ask you to RSVP this time because last time only 2 people did and
more than 30 turned up :)

Would people prefer to go on the 21st (where we will probably be the only
ones there) or the 28th (where there will be windows users to laugh at)?

 - Matt