[plug] lilo error

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Wed Mar 3 07:32:27 WST 1999

Date sent:      	Wed, 03 Mar 1999 00:27:38 +0800
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
From:           	Ryan Winn <ryan at penguin.net.au>
Subject:        	[plug] lilo error
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> hiya' i am a newbaby
> and i have just install redhat 5.1 and i have an error in lilo and it loads
> into bios and does the usual shit and the tells me to press any key to
> restart, HELP!!!

Could you send EXACTLY what you see on the screen. By the sounds of
it there is no active partition on the HDD or no master boot record.
Either of these two will result in a BIOS message similar to
"no boot device - press any key to restart".

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.
(also check http://www.torque.net/parport/archive/current/)
Current project list:
a) Catch up on the ZIP Plus backlog (drive back from waranty)
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) sleep
d) real life