[plug] need a little help with our old friend Linux....

Pavel Franger scroll70 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 21:40:02 WST 1999

Dear whoever,

I'm a student and trying to battle the average problems which a normal
users should be able to do with Linux.
If anyone can help me out it would be greatly thanked....

1.By using find,I want to write a script that copies all .c files that
have not been changed for 3 days from my home account to a directory
called oldprog in my home account.I want to use the -ok switch instead
of the -exec switch so that the user is prompted before each file is
copied.

2.By using find and/or cpio, i need to write a script that does a full
backup of my home directory onto a floppy disk (/dev/fdO).I want to
create a log of what files have been dumped on a file called backup.log
in my $home.The log file is an Ascii text file.

3.I also want to use cpio to see a table of contents of the back up
file.Delete then restore one of my files using cpio.

4.I want to set up a new directory called backups under my home
directory. i want to use tar to create an archive file  in the backups
directory of all files under my $home/bin directory.i want to also
create both a compressed and an uncompressed archive file.i want to use
tar to extract c programs (.c files) from the uncompressed archives.

5. i also want to use tar to restore all my files from the compressed
archive in to a $home/copybin directory.

if anyone can help me with any of these...that would really be great.

send it 2
scroll70 at hotmail.com
thanks