[plug] Fwd: FTP

Colin 't Hart cthart at gbs.com.au
Sat Mar 6 11:02:11 WST 1999

Chris Cornish wrote:

> hey sorry man i just fwd anything i get in my other e-mail boxs to
> here if it is to do with linux becouse some may be intrested

Sorry Chris!

What I meant to say is that its just an ordinary FTP client but written
in Java.

I had a look at their web site and, AFAIK, it is closed source too.

When marketing to a Linux user, I think my reaction is going to be
typical of what they will receive. Linux already has many FTP clients
with all of the features theirs has, and we get the source to all of
ours, plus they are native to Linux.

Having said that, I like Java as a programming language/target and I
hope they release their code so that others can benefit.

Hope you can follow/undestand my way of thinking -- even if you don't
agree.

Cheers,

Colin