[plug] Fwd: FTP

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Sat Mar 6 12:31:09 WST 1999

Oh, Colin, that's interesting, it was just a
a com glitch?

hmm. Cause what I've been really interested in
lately is Artificial Intelligence, and human
com in general.
I found a bot that is s'posed to be work under
Linux, but so far no luck getting it to run.

It's at http://www.fringeware/~robitron
click on FRED or downloads or something.
I'll get the exact url if you are interested.
The bot writer, Robby Garner, is kinda busy right
now and couldn't help me fix the bot to run under
Linux, but the code is available.  And he has a pretty swift bot named SID that is JAVA running from the agent's link on that page.

(my original goal was to find a bot to do my tech support job so that I could move on to more interesting things, like Crystal Reports, or particles, or Linux.  :)  )

But in my search I began learning the intricacies of the english language, and human com.

I've recompiled his code with g  , but it still
segment faults under RH5.2  Anybody want take a try at this?

somedays, a bot is a girl's best friend.

Tamara

<<< "Colin 't Hart" <cthart at gbs.com.au>  3/ 5  8:02p >>>
Chris Cornish wrote:

> hey sorry man i just fwd anything i get in my other e-mail boxs to
> here if it is to do with linux becouse some may be intrested

Sorry Chris!

What I meant to say is that its just an ordinary FTP client but written
in Java.

I had a look at their web site and, AFAIK, it is closed source too.

When marketing to a Linux user, I think my reaction is going to be
typical of what they will receive. Linux already has many FTP clients
with all of the features theirs has, and we get the source to all of
ours, plus they are native to Linux.

Having said that, I like Java as a programming language/target and I
hope they release their code so that others can benefit.

Hope you can follow/undestand my way of thinking -- even if you don't
agree.

Cheers,

Colin