[plug] Fwd: FTP

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 6 15:19:50 WST 1999

segment faults hey try chrecking out your dependinces
you may have JDK and what not but look at his source (if avalibale)
and see where he needs them placed and either move you libs aroundd or
change his code just an idea

---Tamara Thompson <THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com> wrote:

> Oh, Colin, that's interesting, it was just a
> a com glitch?
>
> hmm. Cause what I've been really interested in
> lately is Artificial Intelligence, and human
> com in general.
> I found a bot that is s'posed to be work under
> Linux, but so far no luck getting it to run.
>
> It's at http://www.fringeware/~robitron
> click on FRED or downloads or something.
> I'll get the exact url if you are interested.
> The bot writer, Robby Garner, is kinda busy right
> now and couldn't help me fix the bot to run under
> Linux, but the code is available.  And he has a pretty swift bot
named SID that is JAVA running from the agent's link on that page.

> (my original goal was to find a bot to do my tech support job so
that I could move on to more interesting things, like Crystal Reports,
or particles, or Linux.  :)  )

> But in my search I began learning the intricacies of the english
language, and human com.

> I've recompiled his code with g  , but it still
> segment faults under RH5.2  Anybody want take a try at this?
>
> somedays, a bot is a girl's best friend.
>
> Tamara
>

> <<< "Colin 't Hart" <cthart at gbs.com.au>  3/ 5  8:02p >>>
> Chris Cornish wrote:
>
> > hey sorry man i just fwd anything i get in my other e-mail boxs to
> > here if it is to do with linux becouse some may be intrested
>
> Sorry Chris!
>
> What I meant to say is that its just an ordinary FTP client but
written
> in Java.
>
> I had a look at their web site and, AFAIK, it is closed source too.
>
> When marketing to a Linux user, I think my reaction is going to be
> typical of what they will receive. Linux already has many FTP clients
> with all of the features theirs has, and we get the source to all of
> ours, plus they are native to Linux.
>
> Having said that, I like Java as a programming language/target and I
> hope they release their code so that others can benefit.
>
> Hope you can follow/undestand my way of thinking -- even if you don't
> agree.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Colin
>
> > ---Colin 't Hart <cthart at gbs.com.au> wrote: