[plug] Re: SANE Adapdec card ?

root mark at omninet.net.au
Sat Mar 6 17:26:29 WST 1999

I have been searching the howtwos etc to see if it is possible to use the
SCII card that come with my umax 1200s scanner to set up SANE on redhat
5.2.  I have tried a couple of kernal compiles for different cards.  the
Umax card does not give anything away about the manufacturer.

It seems the best option is to replace the card with a brand name card.
Would appreciate some advice on joyce of budget card easy to set up.

I also have a epson 800 color printer. I'm not really looking for any
specific advice just some encouragement.  I have managed to produce some
reasonable output at 720x720 using the
download version of ghost script.  Any one manage to get a similar printer
performing OKay
at this printers best res 720x1440 using microweave.