[plug] PLUG is it inc

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Sun Mar 7 11:02:09 WST 1999

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Chris Cornish wrote:

> i dont really know what we'll use it for just that par56t of being
> incorporated says we must charge membership fees

Yes the Charter says we must charge membership fees.  The funds must be used
for paying off PLUG debts, funding PLUG projects etc etc.

As to how they are handled and the opperation of bank accounts:

1: We are Incorporated
2: We are NOT non-profit, Application is in the works
3: We Do not have a bank account, One will be applied for and the signatories
   will be Prez & Treasurer

Currently PLUG incurred a $200 debt (fees/ advertising costs involved in
becomming incorporated) of which $85 has been paid for by donations to
from several plug members.

This whole debate was started at the last PLUG Quakeaton. Where several
people asked if they could join plug and how much it cost.

... I spose everyone is wondering WHY they should pay a membership fee?

1: You get to vote a committee meetings and on plug issues:
	Like (Dont shoot me):
		Should the mailing list headers be "munged"
	Of course NOT everything will be open to discussion or else we'd spend all
of our time voting and no pluging :)
2: You will receive a discont when using PLUG resources.
	What resources I hear you cry ???
	Currently we don't have any BUT Intended resources are:
	CD LIbrary
	OKay so the lists isn't extensive BUT contributions will be welcome once
we sort out current issues; Fees, Bank Accounts, and non-profit status.

Well ... That was a reasonably heavy meassage for a sunday.  I hope that
clears up some of the queries and misconecptions that are out there.

Yours Tony.