[plug] UPS's with Linux support

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 9 20:08:40 WST 1999

I know this in re-opening an old discussion, but I hope that you'll bear
with me ...

Chris wrote last year (I think) about Alpha UPSs which came with Linux
support. I've just got a UPS which claims to be Alpha (sourced from
Atkins-Carlisle), but there aren't Linux drivers on the CD or floppy - or on
the web site for that matter. I've downloaded genpower from sunsite and
intend to use it once I get the cable sorted out.

Question for Chris -- are there two Alpha UPSs out there? Or perhaps you got
the drivers from elsewhere. Is there any advice that you can give me ?

Paul