[plug] UPS's with Linux support

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 10 09:29:26 WST 1999

Paul all the ALPHA UPS'S i have seen come with drivers for the
following Wnidows NT Windows 95 SCO Unix AIX LINUX and OS/2. the OS/2
ones come on diskette and the rest are on the cd-rom i will see if i
can source them from a friend of mine who has them running under linux
for you paul but i think you should have them. He has the alpha 9000
UPS which did you get?

---Paul Wilson <hooker at opera.iinet.net.au> wrote:

> >> Chris wrote last year (I think) about Alpha UPSs which came with
Linux
> >> support. I've just got a UPS which claims to be Alpha (sourced from
> >> Atkins-Carlisle), but there aren't Linux drivers on the CD or
floppy - or
> on
> >> the web site for that matter. I've downloaded genpower from
sunsite and
> >> intend to use it once I get the cable sorted out.
> >
> >Have a look at the UPS-HOWTO...
> >http://www.linux.org.au/LDP/HOWTO/UPS-HOWTO.html
> >
> >Should answer your questions
>

> Been there, done that    :-)
>
> The FAQ is useful, but my question was specific about the Alpha in
Perth
> (while we're on the subject, why do the suppliers claim that
Linux/UNIX
> needs a different serial cable from Win9x/NT ?) and the difference
between
> my interpretation of Chris's email and the product that I took
delivery of.

> Paul

==

Chris Cornish